It's Father Day's today. So, to make the day more special.... We are going to have a small party at home and I'm going to cook daddy's favorite dish (or one of a few dishes that I am good at!!!?).
1 whole chicken
5 - 6 stalks fresh scallions
6 cm fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 tbsp peppercorns
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 sprig of spring onions, chopped finely
1 tsp of red chili, chopped finely
1 cm ginger, chopped finely
1 tbsp garlic, chopped finely
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp chili oil
To prepare the chicken:-
1. Clean and drain the chicken. Stuff ginger slices and scallions stalks into the chicken.
2. In a stock pot. Add sufficient water (enough to cover the chicken), peppercorns and salt. Bring to boil.
3. Submerge the whole chicken, breast side-down in the boiling water, reducing the heat to medium low.
4. Cover the pot for about 40 - 45 minutes.
5. When the chicken is cooked (you can check by insert a skewer into the chicken meat, it should come out clean with no trace of blood), remove and plunge immediately into pot of icy cool water. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Drain the chicken, remove the ginger slices and scallions stalks. Chopped neatly into serving size, and chilled it in the fridge.
To prepare the sauce :-
1. Heat the chili oil on pan, add in ginger and garlic, stir fry to brown and fragrant. Add in the rest of the ingredients.
2. When ready to serve, take out the chicken from the fridge, pour sauce on the chicken. Garnish with tomatoes and cucumber.
Hope you will try this