Friday, September 21, 2012

My 'pumpkin' project...

Pumpkin seems to fill the pages of Pinterest lately
Jojo and I can't help but to try our hands
to do something related to 'it'.

And we did a minutes DIY today...
I always adore decor in small scale
So, in the beginning, 
we try to source some some baby pumpkin
from local stores and markets...

But...no luck.

And pumpkins are not cheap too..

So, this morning when I was busy filled up the groceries stock in the kitchen
Jojo gave me a big shout when she came into the kitchen.

"MOM!!! PUMPKIN!  BABY PUMPKIN!"

I was thinking "What the ...until I saw what she was pointing at...
Those white garlic I just bought from the market.



Yes, some of them do have the looks of a mini size pumpkin
and with the help of some imagination ... I guess it's possible...


 Jojo want her 'pumpkin' to look 'glamour'
so... glitter and glue is her first choice...

Done with the glue and glitter
now we need to cut off the tip.

And glue on some cloves as the stem

Done!  All in a minute


Well, of course this is so fun...
and I still have baskets of garlic waiting to 'explore' more possibilities...
Here is another possibility...

Jojo painted the garlic with some mixture of glue and food coloring
I love this one!


Love

Jojo & PC

MakingBWS tips buttonPhotobuckethomeworkPhotobucketPhotobucket
Blissful and Domestic

12 comments:

  1. that is so cute! And great idea for a cheap small-scale pumpkin too! They are the same shape :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to make them. So sweet so cute and inspiring. Time for me to decorate my small balcony for the fall theme as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jojo's discovery was brilliant! The garlic is sooo pumpkin perfect! I love both versions. The glittery one is extra fun with the black and white color scheme - very chic. Nice work, JoJo - what a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! These would be great anywhere a small pumpkin detail is needed! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang they turned out cute!! I l love Halloween DIY

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out so cute!! I love Halloween DIY ! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!! Great idea. On top of that.... they would help keep the vampires away on halloween!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Fantastic! Love the garlic pumpkin!!!Love the great tutorial thanks for sharing.Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a sweet comment in my Notebook cover! I'm your newest follower.I hope you will come back and maybe even follow me back .
    Happy week!

    Hugs from Portugal
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for her for being able to "think outside of the box"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what an excellent idea and well spotted of your little girl! Think i might use this idea for my own halloween dinner party! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!