Friday, October 14, 2011

No sew Old T-shirts to Scraft

I always love to see the great ideas of making nice stuff with simple ways. I love 'no bake' cake and cookies, and especially 'no sew' item. So, when I saw this beautiful Recycle Tee Circle Scraft by Erin in Cut Out + Keep...and the material you need is just a T-shirt and a scissor, the skill level is PRETTY EASY - JUST CUT! CUT! CUT!  I simply can't resist it!  I change the method a little bit... to make it more easier for lazy me!

I have plenty of old T-shirts that I sorted out during clearing the wardrobe...and just about to send them to the recycle center when I saw this project. How lucky!

Now, let's get started.

old T-shirts

cut off the hem at the bottom of the shirt

cut the shirt horizontal into 1 inch strips / rings.

stretch out the ring, it would turn into a rope-like
Twist and wrap them into rings

Like this

I use 3 T-shirt, because I want it to have an ombre tone
I mix a strip of light color into the dark one to make
the color look lighter gradually 

I didn't tie the ring together as seen in Erin's tutorial,
I just 'knot' them together like this...
overlap two rings...

Insert your hand underneath...

Pull out the ring
Continue the same method for all the rings..

Done!

Forgive me...I seldom wear a scarf..


I'll give this one to my mom...
she loves scarves..
I wonder if she be able to figure out
I made it from my old T-shirts...



Love

PC
This scarf is going to below parties...
Fantabulous Friday!
Design Dazzle Lovely Crafty HomePhotobucketPhotobucketBWS tips buttonCherished Treasures”=

21 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the ombre effect you have created. It looks fabulous on you, but I'm sure your mum will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool! Some ladies were making scarves out of t-shirts at a craft night I went to, but I didn't stop to see how they were doing it. But I guess I know, now. Thanks!
    --Jill
    from Jill Made It

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's beautiful, PC! I love your ombre shading with the 3 colors! And I really like the lark's head knot method you used. That is a super cute picture of you! You make a great model. Thanks for pointing out this fun, easy idea, I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a great idea. I love the ombre effect, very creative. I found you at Ginger Snap Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello :) Its so nice! Like the detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I love the color. New follower coming over from Everything Under the Moon. Stop by and give us a visit some time :)

    ~Nikki
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very cute, PC. I love the color and I love how easy this is to do. I'm going to have to make one soon. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks very nice ! *thumbs up!*

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're amazing! I made a no sew necklace similar to this last year, but I never made the loops - I'm going to refashion mine to make yours because I LOVE it! The ombre is too cool too!
    I'm featuring you today! Thanks for linking up to WWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this scarf! the color is great! Super tute!
    gail
    ps catching you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great idea!! I loved this idea so much that I featured it tonight!! I would love if you would come by, check it out and grab a button!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    http://delicateconstruction.blogspot.com/2011/10/delicately-constructed-features_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO fun! I love that it's no sew :) Saw your feature over at delicateCONSTRUCTION! Wanted to invite you over to link this up at my diy fashion linky party! It's called DIY Diva Thursdays and we party Th-M every week :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really cool! I will have to try this.
    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com
    www.ladybugswithzoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I have never heard of this until now-looks adorable! I will have to add it to my list of family activities to try with the kids! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job-love the colors you choose and thanks for the detailed tutorial-I love no sew and easy! Going to be trying this one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scarf looks fantastic, PC!!! It's so simple that anyone can do it, but it looks complicated. The different shades of blue makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute ..! i love the way that this design has been described this scarf looks so authentic by his quality.

    t-shirts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice scarf! I like it!
    Hugs!!!
    http://scentofstyl.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  20. it is wonderful! I'm sure your mom will love it but I think you should make yourself one too, it looks great on you! visiting from Threading Your Way (would love a visit back if you have time)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!