Monday, May 7, 2012

A Perfect Dress for Mother's Day

  Jojo and Mei Mei have been very 'busy' in their room this morning.  I can see Mei Mei running up and down looking for papers...I passed her a few sheet of 'recycled paper' but she said her big sister want her to get something 'nice and special'.  The little one ask for a few pieces colored paper and run into their room again.  Hmm...what 'funny' things are they up to this time?  So, I took a peek into the room... and I found a very messy room with paper scraps, scissors and pens...and these...



These little paper dresses are everywhere in the room.



They are so cute.
I totally love the ones made by the pages from the old yellow page.
Jojo learns this at school and it so adorable and 
I must agree it's a perfect dress for Mother's Day!

So, I asked Jojo to show me the tutorial.
It's not easy at all...no wonder they spent the whole morning with it.

Start with a square piece of paper
fold into half for twice.

Open up the fold and you will have 3 crease line marks.

fold the outer crease line in ward to the center crease line



Then fold a 'z' crease

This will be the front of the dress

Now, pull the corner at the end
and pressed firmly
Do the same for the other side

 Fold down the top corner into 'collar' like this
and press to make a crease mark.
We just need the crease, open it up again 
and turn to the 'back' of the dress

 

Pull down from the center you will have a nice triangle shape like this
This is the neckline.

Now, fold in the 'sleeve' like this
at the same time make a crease to form the 'skirt'.
This could be hard to understand.
I hope the pictures are helpful.


Do the same for both side



Now, fold out the sleeves in triangle shape


This is what you will have

And turn it over, this is your cute little paper dress.
All done.

And these are some of my favorite




Now, if you still looking for 'the best' Mother's Day Gift...
Here a tip...
'The best' Mother's Day gift is 'made' by love,
and it could be just a piece of paper.

Happy Mother's Day!

Love
PC * Mei Mei * Jojo

This project is featured in

Pink Hippo PartySweet Anne Designs


Linking this post with 

40 comments:

  1. Just incredible! Your girls are so very sweet, dedicated and artistic. I am too intimidated to try the dress - but it is absolutely wonderful. I especially love the last one with colors, stars and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! These would be so cute as a garland hanging on a wall! I'm your new follower. Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog and for you kind words. Hope your week goes well.
    ~Barbe~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute it is :) you are so smart, Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I can't wait to try this and I'm pinning it on pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little dresses are adorable!

    Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday!

    -Four Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! These are ADORABLE! I love folding paper- especially when it turns out SO sweet. What a great little piece to put on a card or tun into an envelope =OD I'd love for you to share at Sweet Sharing Monday! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-4/ (Up until Midnight Tonight)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such cute! Love them and must try them out. So much fun!!!

    Thanks for sharing...I gotta pin this cutie.

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute!! I would like to invite you to share them at my Mother's Day Gift Idea link party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day-gifts.html. Thank you!! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! Great topper to a Mother's Day Gift! I would love for you to share on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-stalking-thursday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO MUCH for linking to Sweet Sharing Monday- I've featured your paper dresses this week! Come grab a button! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/1756/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely, thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this...just pinned it!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are darling. Your kids are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just too cute! I made one for my office, just for me

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute!! Pinned it. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vey cute, great idea for scrapbooking. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute and fun are those. They look great! Thanks for sharing this with us @ the Sunday Round Up.
    Hope you have a wonderful week,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! These are adorable and I love that you little one made them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful tutorial! These are so adorable & I'm sure a lot of fun to make. Such a sweet thing to do with your children. Thanks for sharing at Sunday Round Up! Have a great week!
    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, I had to stop everything & make one. So cute! Even my husband thinks so. He said our granddaughter will love it. Can't wait to show her. Thanks for sharing & thank your daughter, please.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty, makes me want to make a banner with them.
    Thanks for sharing at our Sunday Round Up! Can't wait to see what you have for us next weekend. Have a GREAT week!
    xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable. I would love if you linked it to my "show Off Mondays" link party. Found your blog through CRAFT. Way cute.

    http://www.kampenlane.com/2012/05/show-off-monday-6.html

    ~Taylor-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. ohh so sweet dresses! I've never been good at this. :)

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is sooo darling! I am going to feature this tomorrow on the Pink Hippo Party! Thanks so much for sharing!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tutorial...you turned out it beautiful...I like it.

    Send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super sweet. Repinned it. Tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous. Have pinned this and will definitely be having a go at this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. j'adore et merci pour le savoir faire..

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful and fun to do. I tried it on my YouTube channel. Thanks for the tutorial!
    PS. I gave you a shout-out there and linked your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute! This would be perfect for the front of a card, table décor at a birthday or a banner! Must use :)
    http://partnparcelstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, very cool your blog!
    I'm following!
    I loved the origami dress!
    Greetings!
    I invite you to know the Toka, thank you!
    www.tokadarteatelier.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm Blogger and would love to share this on my blog. It will link back to you with full credit.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!