Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jojo first sewing project!

Sorry for not posting more frequent...but I...we are too 'busy'.....after  receiving this new 'toy' from my mother...

It's a mini size sewing machine...and now Jojo and I are so obsessed with it.  I have been searching for a simple sewing project for Jojo... those that only need few straight line sewing!  

Yesterday...I come out with a very easy simple one for her...
This project involved a little use of scissor...some pinning...
and only 2 line of top stitch with the sewing machine.

You can really allow your kids to DIY with a bit supervision during the sewing machine part.

Step 1
Get an old T-shirt...those that claimed to be 'L' size but with 'S' size neckline work the best.
(The small neckline match Jojo's requirement!)


Step 2
Cut bottom of the T-shirt into a semi round shape 
this is the back of the T-shirt
Step 3
Trim away the sleeves too
Now you have a 'butterfly' shape T-shirt

Step 4
You can sew either method 1 or method 2
Both methods only involved 2 lines of sewing
Jojo choose the method 1.

This is my demo T-shirt
Jojo did hers on another T-shirt of her choice...
Now...here's the result

A very proud seamstress


Now the seamstress turns into a model
Hope you'll enjoy this simple project
Now...into the next sewing adventure.


Bye
Love
PC
Jojo
Sharing this project with

  
http://www.thethriftyhome.com”lilMake it Yours @ My Backyard EdenDIY under $5The Stuff of SuccessPassionately ArtisticPink Hippo Party Lovely Crafty Home

8 comments:

  1. Hi PC,
    Such a smart TOY you have received :) very well..& I like how you are mastering in your sewing skills! keep it up!
    You know I also Love Malaysia..I read a LOT about Malaysian education systems & their awesome policies, so I am in Love with & I have so many friends from Malay! all are Awesome..(including You) *(*

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLA MEIJO !!!!! QUE BIEN QUEDA ESE MENSAJE, DE YO AMO MALASIA. SUENA MUY, MUY BIEN. BESOS DESDE CADIZ, ESPAÑA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your little one are just so darn talented! I love to see the younger kids get into crafting, sewing and all around art skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Jojo for such a wonderful sewing project - her new blouse looks fabulous!
    What a great 'toy' you both have now to play with!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I am getting Phoebe a sewing machine for Christmas and I can not wait to give it to her so she can start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so smart! I think I'll do this too. I constantly recycle old clothes for my daughter.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design - and it looks very butterfly-pretty. Nice work, JoJo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great starter project for kids :) love it !

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!