I always want a chandelier in my living room, but never own one because the beautiful one is too expensive and the cheaper one is just not right. I came across a DIY tutorial the other day on making a wall light by repurposing an old led running light. That give a spark in my mind.
Easy DIY Wall Chandelier
Things you need:-
1. print out an image of any Chandelier of your choice.
2. enlarge the image to the size you prefer (mine is A2). I get the help from a photocopy shop, they charge me RM1.50 per piece (maybe about USD0.40) for the print out.
3. An old photo frame and canvas (have to be able to fit in the enlarge image)
4. Something to sharp to pop hole on the canvas. (I use a joss stick..you see why later...)
5. Some glitter, artificial gem stone or sequin (this will make your chanddy look more sparkle when the light is on)
1. First I spray the frame and canvas with silver (it can be any color that match the wall you want to display the wall art.
2. Then I decoupage the image onto the canvas (this is shortcut.. I want the chanddy..and I want it fast ( the lazy way).. you can transfer the print by trancing the image onto the canvas...)
3. I pop hole on the image where I want the led light to show by using the joss stick (ofcourse.. you need to burn if first)... it will melt the canvas easily and make a very small round hole, just nice for the led light to go thru. (at this point, you may add in your artificial gem stone or sequin)
4. Tidy up the wire at the back of the canvas with tape.
5. Ready to switch on the light and show off your wall chandelier.
Happy Trying!!! :)
What do you think? Do you ever DIY a chandelier? I would be glad to see it!
I share this project with :-