Saturday, November 19, 2011

Large T-shirt to Child dress - 5 minutes!

Moms always love to dress up kids ...especially little baby daughter or girls... with something so sweet...cute...and 'childish'!  But... kids...always have their own opinion what to wear... and my girls always love to wear 'something' from my closet!!!

Anyway, I think it's a good choice ...because trendy kid's wear price can easily beat the adult garment ones!  Days ago, I came across a big T-shirt with a very cute design... Jojo love it so much....and I love the price tag even more ...it's only $5!

So, today...I spend the whole afternoon searching for ideas how to reconstruct the T-shirt into something wearable by Jojo...with minimum sewing and stitching...and most of all....no paper pattern please!

Making the body of the T-shirt fitting to Jojo is easy...this is what I did...(sorry, I forgot the snap the before photo).  I  cut away the sleeves and a little bit of the side of the T-shirt to make into a "A" line dress...

I sew the sides up and left some space for the sleeve holes


Now... the only problem is the large V neck line...I was about to alter it by cutting the shoulder joints and resew them...and suddenly....  I save all the job and time by doing this...

Cut 2 small holes at the neckline...but just on the top layer

Get a hair pin and ribbon

Insert the ribbon into the neckline tube...

Pull and tie up a knot or bow...DONE!!!!

What do you think?

Have a nice day
and 
thanks for stop by


Love
PC


beauty
http://tessennliz.tumblr.com/



Let's party...

  sew many ways Pink Hippo Party
homeworkPhotobucketPhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. the way you dealt with that neckline is SO clever! i'm most impressed. and she looks lovely in her t-shirt dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! i have tons of cute tops that fit before the birth of my two year old that i hate to throw out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I want to try this sometime.
    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com is having a party please come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! She looks so cute, and the design is really clever. Love this refashion - another great little project from your clever brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLA MEIJO!!!!! QUE BIEN LE SIENTA A LA NENA, ESTE VESTIDITO TUNEADO !!!!! LA VERDAD, ES QUE A ELLA NO LE HACE FALTA, YA QUE ES PRECIOSA. DALE BESITOS DE MI PARTE, DESDE CADIZ.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!