I came across a fun and beautiful way of using paper when surfing for craft inspiration in the net. You got to try this. Check out this link that show you how to make faux metal wall art http://www.suzyssitcom.com/2010/12/feature-friday-faux-metal-wall-art.html
1. Black soft cardboard paper
2. Some white glue
1. Cut the paper into 1 cm width and whatever length you may need, depends on the pattern you wish to make.
2. Turn and twist the paper strip with a quilling tools.
DIY quilling tool
1. 1 sewing pin.. the large pin hole the better
2. A stick or anything that easy to handle for twisting (I recycle a pencil that too short to write)
Just pin the needle firmly into the stick, wooden piece, pencil (in my case), carefully cut away the top side of the needle, you need to polish a bit with sand paper.. as the edge will be a bit sharp, and you have it.
How to use?
Just insert the tip of the paper in between the needle and start turning..
Well, I just happened to bought a wall clock the other day... I think why not put some love on it as well...