Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pop-Open Little Purse!

Today, I have a very cute little low sew project to show off!  A friend of mine showed this to me and now I'm totally mad about it! It's so fun, cheap and easy to do and  the result is cute and useful !!! Loooooooooooove it!

Jojo had been complaining about her coin purse is spoilt and asking for a new one..and this "Pop" purse just came in handy!

Now, let's get started :-



Get a stiff cardboard (I recycled an old mushroom packing box)
and cut a shape like the picture ...
or you can be creative about the shape after this tutorial...

The cardboard has to be stiff and flexible enough for
a nice curve bend when you pressed it this way and
still be able to return to the straight flat position when released.

You need to cut 3 pieces of the cardboard - exactly the same shape and size.

Wrap a piece of rag / clothes...
(felt would be a good choice but I don't have any 
and it's very expensive here..)
You may secure the edge with double side tape, glue gun, anything
that you consider friendly enough to handle.


This is how the front (outer side of the purse) looks like after gluing.


I covered the raw edge at inside with a piece of duck-tape that 
I cut according to the shape but slightly smaller.

You may sew another piece of clothes for the inner lining...
but I'm not good in sewing..So, this is my best option..

After finished lining the inner side of all the 3 pieces...
Take two of them and sew up the side..

sew along the red line
combined 'side a' and bottom piece (refer below diagram)
Remember to place the inner side facing each other when you sew.

You will get a small pocket like this.. continue connect
the other piece the same way



After you done with the third piece, you will 
find a nice triangle piece of purse that will open
when you press on both ends..
and the 'Pop Open' purse is done...

Now, just to make the purse look 'cuter'
I add some sequins and beads
and turn the purse
into a
mouse!





Jojo is overjoyed with the new purse...
While I am on my way to make another 'mouse'...
Mei Mei said ...
"That shape look like a fish!!!
Can I have a fish pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!?"

OMG!

A fish is really a good idea!

Mentioned about imagination kids have...

So, a fish for Mei Mei...
after mom "cracked" her head for the rest of the evening...
ransacked all the supplies in the junk-box craft-supplies box

...
..
..
...
TADAA!


I'm not sure how long this 'purse' will last...
but if it able to put a big smile on Mei Mei and Jojo
without spending a single cent!  I'll go for it!


I'll post the full detail about FISH soon...

now

It's weekend

and

you

should shutdown the screen

and

have a nice weekend!


Love

PC


Now let's party :-
Cherished Treasures”= Lovely Crafty HomeFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party! The DIY Show OffBWS tips buttonPink Hippo PartyBWS tips button Keeping It SimpleMaking Monday Marvelous Linky PartyBoogieboard Cottagehttp://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20MondayConfessions Of A Stay At Home MommyPhotobucketPhotobucketTodays Creative BlogTuesday To Do PartyTip Junkie handmade projectshomeworklil luna link party buttonDIY under $5Photobucket Beyond The Picket Fence

39 comments:

  1. Very cute blog! Following you from Makobi Scribe's hop,
    Cindy
    http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meijo I really love your touch to create these purses. Very original a mouse and a fish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CindyThank you so much and honor to have you in my friend list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sylvie CréativeSo glad you like it! Your comment is always so sweet and push me forward to make some more 'sweet things'! Love - PC

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are absolutely adorable! Wonderful tutorial AGAIN, PC! I just love coming here. I love the low-sew option of duct tape inside, I really want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mouse and fish are both incredibly cute! Great job PC!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are cute! I will have to make one for my daughter when she gets a little older. I would love it if you would stop by and link this post up to my crafty link party that I just started at Lines Across My Face.
    :) Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/07/craft-link-party-2-cure-for-common.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute!! The fish is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Looks like a fun easy project ~ I want to give it a try! ;)

    Have a great week!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! There's so many possibilities with these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love it!! What a cute and fun idea. Great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw this is SOOOO CUTE!!!! thanks for sharing and linkin up:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. @JanelleThanks Janelle, always love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @JillYes, that's why I said I'm addicted toward it...too many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - fabulous tutorial and such a cool idea. Thanks heaps for sharing!
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable. More the Merrier Monday will be open until Wednesday at midnight. I would love for you to stop by and link up your mouse. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cute! Dropping by from Tip Junkie..

    http://pinkytopiaboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are adorable. Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this little purse and am going to make one asap! Or more likely 3 or four! Thinking about maybe cutting up a milk jug for the base and decoupaging scrapbook paper for decoration.... who knows? Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Your newest follower,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You once again have come up with such a cute project. I love how you think. The fish is adorable and since I don't care too much for mice, I like it better :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This post is added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The fish and the mouse re both adorable. I bet your girls love them! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic idea & so cute too! I've featured it at the Craftastic Monday party this week. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute :) I'm can't sew either so this works out well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness! I 100% LOVE this!

    I would be thrilled if you would link this up at my very first Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL...going on right now (250 + links and growing...can you tell I'm excited??! : ))

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-1.html

    P.S. I'm your newest follower. : )

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So so cute! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
  28. so adorable! thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE this!! So simple to make and SO cute!! I love your mouse, and your daughter's idea of the fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so sweet! Thanks for the great tutorial, you're amazing! I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet !! Thank you for this pattern and tutorial. I have been looking for one just like it for quite some time. They are perfect for storing thimbles in so I can finally stop losing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so cute and easy!! I made a rabbit and I'm going to make a goldfish for my little cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so cute and easy! I made a rabbit and I'm going to make a goldfish for my little cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bravo pour votre création! Amitiés de France

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh la la ! elles sont trop jolies ces souris
    Nous en Feuillerie elles poussent dans le jardin....les souris...
    Belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  36. Added this to a blog post I wrote and cited you: http://longtermcarelink.wordpress.com/2013/11/18/easy-and-inexpensive-christmas-gifts/ Thank you for blogging some great crafts!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...drop a line so I can visit your blog too!